Cass County Fair Baja Rally Race Sat., Jusne 30, 2018 at 7pm
Baja Rally Race Classes:
- Over 99” Wheel Base – 4 cylinder, front
- Small Pick-Ups – 4 and 6 cylinder, rear
- 99” and Under Wheel Base – 4 cylinder,
front wheel drive
- 6 Cylinder Front Wheel Drive, any wheel
Baja Rally Race General Overview
- $5.00 Entry fee for each car
- Pit gates open 4:30pm to 6:00pm
- Drivers Meeting 6:30pm
- Hotlaps 6:00pm-6:25pm
- Show starts at 7:00pm
- ***The cost to the pit area is the same as the grandstand for the pit crew and drivers, but please limit the amount of pit crew for each car.
- ** Double check your wheel base and motor to ensure your class
- ** Trophies only, no payout -- There will also be a Trophy for Best Appearing Car!!
- Call Keith Borg at 851-2628, Chad Erlandson at 825-7850 or Randy Borg at 851-0348 with questions
Baja Rally Race Event Rules (Rules also available at www.hardwatericeracing.com)
- Strong Roll cage- 4 point, must be welded or bolted and be fastened securely (cars and pickups), must
be made from at least a 1 1/4 inch diameter and .095' thickness. Cage must be inside the car within two inches of the roof, and truck cages must exceed 4 inches above the roof line. This is the bare minimum, more is recommended, especially in protecting truck cab. This is for your protection due to the high amount of rollovers.
- Remove all glass including headlights and taillights. Windshield is optional.
- All roof openings must have glass removed and be tinned or plated over. No cutting or chopping of the roof.
- Helmet and seat belts must be worn on the track at all times.
- Battery tied down and covered
- Gas tank and fuel systems left in original position, or safely relocated
- Similar to stock bumpers only, no sharp edges or over built bumpers.
- Driver’s door is recommended to be welded, bolted or chained shut. If your door comes open during
an event you will be black flagged. Door bars are allowed. Easily removable window net is recommended.
- Four wheel drive trucks-front shaft must be removed. Four wheel drive cars–rear shaft must be removed.
- Air bags removed
- Tow points on front and back of car
- All cars must pass a safety inspection. Vehicles will be disqualified for potential safety issues.
- Number clear and readable on sides and a vertical number must be attached securely to the roof.
Roof numbers must be in white with a black background, and be at least 10" tall. If we can't read them from a distance, you may not be scored.
- Stock suspension
- All season tires. No snow, large lug, or mud tires. No alteration to the tire
- Radiator must stay in stock location. Front radiator and oil pan shielding allowed.
- Mud flaps are recommended for Truck
- All loose items, garbage, etc must be removed from inside the car prior to arrival at the track.
- No hitting in the drivers door!!!
- During the races, all pedestrians must stay off the track! No passengers!
- Any contestant found to be committing rule infractions will be disqualified and may forfeit being a contestant at any Cass County Fair event.
- Any un-sportsman like conduct by driver or pit crew will result in immediate removal from
- event with no refunds.